Copyright: Bookoola Incorporated
I will learn to read but first I need to…
- Rhyme, I need to recognise the sounds that letters make before I can read.
- Look at books, I need to be interested in words and books to read.
- Track, I need to follow objects with my eyes to read.
- Talk, I need an extensive vocabulary to understand what I read.
- Do puzzles, I need to differentiate size, shapes, lines and directions to read.
- Build, I need to use my fingers and hands independently to hold books and turn pages.…and I need someone to read to me every day!
- Imagine, making up stories when I paint and create will help me to write.
- Build, I need to use my fingers independently to write.
- Scribble and draw, making marks and shapes to convey my message will help me to write.
- Manipulate, using paint brushes, crayons, pencils and pens will help me to write.
- Climb, I need strong arm and body muscles to sit up and write.
- Play with letters and words, I need to be interested in letters and words to write…..and I need someone to show me how important writing is every day!
- Count, understanding numbers will help me in all areas of maths.
- Sort and match, understanding same and different will help me to classify.
- Explore, exploring will help me understand spatial terms like: front, behind, above, below, left and right.
- Measure, measuring will help me understand the concepts of height, length, weight, time and money.
- Recognise shapes, recognising 2D and 3D shapes will help me in all areas with geometry…..and I need someone to explore these concepts with me every day!